Who we are
SDG Philanthropy Platform is a collaboration between philanthropy and the greater international development community led by Foundation Center, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, and supported by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Ford Foundation and the MasterCard Foundation, the Brach Family Foundation, and other key organizations such as Asociación de Fundaciones Empresariales (AFE) in Colombia, Brach Family Charitable Foundation, CAF America, Council on Foundations, East Africa Association of Grantmakers (EAAG), European Foundation Centre, Filantropi Indonesia (FI), GlobalGiving, The Humanitarian Forum, World Congress of Muslim Philanthropists, and Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support (WINGS). Our goal is to enable partnerships on global development as we transition from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The SDG Philanthropy Platform aims to:
- Build bridges by encouraging philanthropy, the UN, governments, the private sector and NGOs to collaborate
- Shift the philanthropy sector mindset toward a more inclusive approach
- Advocate the importance of understanding data to achieve the SDGs
- Improve capacity, knowledge, and data sharing to use data as a driver for philanthropic investment and to achieve effective development outcomes
- To contribute essential data with its SDGfunders.org website
- To promote accountability in the philanthropic sector
The Partnership has already held planning workshops in its four pilot countries: Kenya, Colombia, Indonesia, and Ghana. The workshops brought together representatives from philanthropy, governments, and the United Nations, to identify country-specific opportunities to collaborate on achieving global development goals. Plans are underway to expand the list of pilot countries. To learn more about how we plan to expand and deepen our strategic collaboration with more foundations and partners, please read this document.
This website, SDGfunders.org is a key element of the partnership. It makes data on philanthropic investments more accessible, to track progress, find partners, and tell stories about effective collaboration.
The site includes:
- A dashboard of indicators displaying funding from philanthropy and the broader international development community by goal, region, country, and population group
- A list of top funders and recipients globally, per region and by country
- A knowledge hub with reports, background papers, case studies and outcome documents
- A fun, interactive and dynamic community area, which will provide for inclusive discussion, out of which key insights will be compiled and used in international dialogue
- A regularly updated bulletin board of the latest happenings including photos, press releases, and jobs
- Information on how you or your organization can get involved with the partnership platform
SDGfunders.org is and always will remain freely accessible to the public.